A friendly running club based in Cirencester!

Westonbirt 10k

Home Forums Forum Westonbirt 10k

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

It would appear that this event is back, although without the aid of Cirencester AC.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/BEEH-9SQEEQ

John Buck

Hi Richard,

Yes it’s on. I appreciate your post is in good faith, but I don’t feel we as a club can support this race.

This race has for many years been successfully promoted by Cirencester AC. The forrestry commission denied Cirencester AC permission to hold the race this year, giving a number of excuses. It’s clear now their motives were of self interest.

Cirencester AC now have a replacement race on Monday 29th June in the park, a different course from the September race. I would encourage members to support this race.

I do apologise, I was blissfully unaware of any such political considerations – perhaps some form of guidance as to which events to avoid might prevent such gaffes. I shall pretend to be unaffiliated.

John Buck

Nothing to apologise for Richard. Members are free to enter this or any other race if they wish too. We don’t have a list of preferred races, it’s just in this instance we (the committee) feel the need to support Cirencester AC.

Please wear your vest with pride.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.