A friendly running club based in Cirencester!

Well done Mel Harris

Home Forums Forum Well done Mel Harris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John Buck

It got a bit lost in the training forum but a belated well done for your Swindon 10k PB, Only just picked up on it. And the moto of your story is “Structured training works” keep it up

• This topic was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by John Buck.
    Laura Butler

Great news – well done Mel!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks John/Laura. That PB has been a while coming. But the Swindon 10K is a dead flat course and I knew I had a chance. I was watching my Garmin like a hawk, making sure I was keeping a steady pace all the way round. With 1k to go I told those around me if they wanted a sub-60 it was time to move up a gear. Upped the pace a bit and kept it going right to the line – was such a good feeling to see 59-something on the Garmin as I crossed the line.

Been on the bench since 14th Dec with a left achilles problem. But it seems to be okay now (walk into town at weekend went okay) so will be heading out for an exploratory jog tonight to see how it fares.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I spoke too soon 🙁  I managed 3mls on Thu eve without any problems. But I went out again this morning and had only done 1ml when my left Achilles started hurting again – I had to abandon my run and hobble home. I’ll be phoning Axa PPP on Monday morning to arrange some physio sessions. No idea when I’ll be back at RSE – and I’ve cancelled my Bath HM entry (no chance of me being fit enough by 2nd March).

Laura Butler

Bad luck Mel, fingers crossed that the physio can help get it sorted and you can target a half later in the year…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.