A friendly running club based in Cirencester!

South Downs Way 100

Home Forums Forum South Downs Way 100

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Henry Church

Dear All

As a number of you will know, having completed the Country to Capital in January and Marlborough 33 in May, my A race for this year is the South Downs Way 100.

The race starts at 6am tomorrow morning just outside Winchester and proceeds the 100 miles to Eastbourne – with the small matter of 12,700ft of ascent along the way – passing through the area where I grew up (just before CP3)

On this endeavour I am assisted by a support crew – my mother to mile 25 and a friend (Mike Ward) for the remainder – (who will provide food and fluids) and our very own Nick Duncan who has agreed to pace me (and carry stuff for me) from 70 miles through to the end.

In terms of my plans – plan A is under 22hours (optimistic), plan B is 24hours (achievable) whilst plan C is to finish inside the 30hr cut-off (almost walkable – but qualifies me to enter the Western States ballot and gets me 4 UTMB points). I’d also like to beat my work colleague Tom Pike and Richard Hurdle from Ciren AC

You can follow progress by looking up live times on http://www.centurionrunning.com

Regards

John Buck

Good Luck Henry, good to see you have lots of fall back plans.
    I’m sure you are well prepared. Keep the faith and look forward to your post race report

Note to members: We appear to have new challenger for craziest RSE member of the year

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by John Buck.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Good luck Henry! A mammoth challenge that I can hardly even comprehend!

I’ll be checking it out online!

Laura Butler

I’m a bit late wishing you good luck as you’re already an hour in – but hope it goes well, the legs stay strong and the weather is good.  Have a great day!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.