A friendly running club based in Cirencester!

Race to The Stones

Home Forums Forum Race to The Stones

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Henry Church

Continuing a theme of running a long way and doing my bit to keep RSE’s end up I am taking part in Race to the Stones this weekend.

This is a 100km (62mile) race from Chinnor to Avebury along the Ridgeway. It starts at 8am and plan A is to get home in under 12hours – a pretty tall order looking at last year’s finishing times but when looking at my 50km time achievable. Plan B is no headtorch required/under 14 hours whilst plan C is to finish

Others from Cirencester taking part are Richard Hurdle (who completed SDW100 in 21.17) and Rob Forbes – both of Ciren AC.

If you go the Race to The Stones website you can find an app that will, if you understand this kind of thing, allow you to track me.

When work and other factors allow I will come to a Monday session having not been since sometime before my SDW100

Thanks

H

• This topic was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Henry Church.
    Laura Butler

Good luck Henry – this is definitely on my ‘to do’ list.  Hope you have a great run 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good luck Henry! Sounds like a great race.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There’s no stopping you now Henry!  Good luck and enjoy the race.

Henry Church

Wow – that was phenomenally hard! Very hot and very humid with no wind. Thunder, lightning and rain were all around but didn’t catch up with me until 70km in.

That said I completed the course in 13hrs and 2 mins and finished in 94th place (out of 536) – both within 150% of the winner (9hrs and 4 mins) and in the top 25% (my two measures) so a pleasing result.

For the record Rob Forbes, a simply amazing athlete, came 2nd just 2 minutes behind the winner whilst Richard Hurdle dropped at 48km.

I’m off to put my feet up – no blisters but my legs are stiff!

Henry

John Buck

Well done Henry, cracking effort. Not sure what I’d prefer rain or heat, either way superb result in those conditions.
    Enjoy the deserved rest!

Laura Butler

Awesome result – well done!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.