A friendly running club based in Cirencester!

Hope 24

Home Forums Forum Hope 24

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Just wanted to say on behalf of  the Chapman family what a fantastic weekend we all had at the Hope 24 relay this weekend. Great event, Ben and I loved the running and the boys had a great time camping with everyone. It was a great challenge, very tricky but enjoyable course. Also wanted to thank everyone for their help with things like putting up the tent, lending us head torches, boiling water for our tea, glass of prosecco on arrival, helping with the lads, and most of all providing us with bacon sandwiches! We are still rookie campers so all help was appreciated. As for the running there was a great team spirit, Ben really enjoyed his first event for the club. If the club does it again next year we will definitely be there, we loved it!

Laura Butler

I agree, it was a brilliant weekend.  Just a shame I couldn’t have spent more time with everyone.  Thanks for all the support and the relentless singing of Happy Birthday!

Tracey Pitts

Yes what a fab weekend. The race organisation was second to none and how great was running in the dark ????

Special thanks to Sallie,Dave and Amanda (and Oscar)for their support and to Dave for filling in when Ted got injured.

Would definitely do it again next year.

RSE Chair
    Keymaster

Yes – thanks for letting us borrow Ben, Elaine!

I think the weekend went really well with everyone entering into the spirit of 24hr racing (ie. no complaints about getting the 3am shift in the pouring rain!). When we go back I think it would be a good idea to tool up with some more powerful head torches to share around and a couple of easy-ups to keep the sun off 😉

Huge thanks to the many cooks and ‘super subs’ who stepped up to the mark over the weekend! It’s good to support a race organised by volunteers working to help a really good cause.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.