A friendly running club based in Cirencester!

Doing my 1st Triathlon 25/8/13

Home Forums Forum Doing my 1st Triathlon 25/8/13

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

On the 25th of August, I’m competing in my first Triathlon in aid of the Cots For Tots Appeal(Bristol) and for Team Poppy(My Granddaughters, page) to help raise money for the appeal and to help medical research deal with the condition NEC (all is explained on at this link: http://www.justgiving.com/TeamPoppy2013)

If you are able to donate please just £1+ “gift aid” every £ raised will go toward the total already raised.

Thank you very much, please think of me on the day and I’ll do my very best to make it round in a respectable time(given my age of 55) and hopefully within 2 hours.

If you could make others aware of the appeal that would be even better.

Thank you

Regards
    Mark

Anonymous
    Inactive

A very big thank you to those members who spoke to me and wished good luck at tonight’s club run(19/8/13)

Also thank you to Tracey Pitts for your donation to the appeal 🙂

Regards, Mark

RSE Chair
    Keymaster

The start times are up now, I’m off at 11:50 and you’re down for 9:30 so we might not see each other!

It’s worth getting there early so you can see how the other waves go off and get an idea of how it all works… Good luck!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Andrew, thank you and good luck to you 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Laura for your donation 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Dot for your donation.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi. Quick update, a relatively cold and windy race. Great fun and intend to do more in 2014.

Expected to get round in 1.45 hr, but finished in 1.39.41, so for me that is a PB.

Well pleased with result, from which I now have a good bench mark to work off and can see where there is room for improvement, in T1, on the bike and of course on the run, nevertheless the 5K run was just shy of a PB. 🙂

Well done also to Andrew Maddison, who I saw just before his off and who went faster that he expected given he was carrying and injury.

So far I have raised an extra £60 toward the Cots for Tots Charity and more to come I hope next week.

Regards Mark

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you to Debbie Barry for your kind donation to the charity appeal 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you to Mark Garrett our Club Captain for his kind donation to the charity appeal 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.