A friendly running club based in Cirencester!

Country to Capital

Home Forums Forum Country to Capital

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Henry Church

It’s a long shot, I know, but is anybody else doing County to Capital this weekend – 45 miles from Wendover to Little Venice?

Further details about the event can be found by following this link – http://gobeyondultra.co.uk/events/country_to_capital_2014info  

Or ask me this evening – I intend to be at training

John Buck

Good luck the weekend Henry, looks a dry one a least. Post race report please!

Henry Church

C2C conpleted

Weather was sunny, a little cold when I started but otherwise perfect.  Trail was wet and muddy in places but better than I expected.

I significantly surprised myself by coming 55th out of over 300 runners (16th V40) in 6hrs 52mins – 9.48m/m over 42miles.  Still absolutely staggered that the winner was over 2 (yes two) hours quicker than me – yes, he averaged 6mins 51secs per mile for every single one of the 42miles!!

Thanks to

• Brent Mullane who I met at about 5 miles and who, knowing the route, navigated me through the next 10miles or so
    • Mike Ward – a friend of mine who put me up the night before and crewed for me, and
    • Go Beyond for a very well organised race

Lesson learned – if you mess about with your insoles then remember to put the originals back in.  I didn’t and completed the last 17miles in my road shoes (down the Grand Union canal towpath) with no insoles.  D’oh

I won’t be at training tomorrow – I’ll be practising walking properly

See you soon

Laura Butler

Fantastic time and position – well done!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.